Friday 4 December 2015

Interview with Penang Monthly Magazine






















I love this article by Carolyn Hong in Penang Monthly magazine (June Edition) ! It captures the travel writer in me well. And I find it refreshing and satisfying when a non-Muslim reader gets and appreciates the subtle Islamic ingredients portrayed in my stories. To me, too literal a narration spoils the joy of reading and undermines readers. I hope to reach out to and touch a universal audience.
I collected two copies of the magazine at the Penang Institute, housed in a beautiful blue and yellow heritage building at Jalan Brown.

Penang Monthly Magazine

A Call to Travel: Muslim Odysseys is available at Kinokuniya, MPH, Borders, Times, Gerakbudaya, Silverfish and other bookstores.

‪#‎acalltotravel‬
‪#‎solotravel‬
‪#‎travelwriting‬
‪#‎travelwriter‬
‪#‎Turkey‬
‪#‎Saudiarabia‬
‪#‎Indonesia‬
‪#‎Muslim‬

No comments:

Post a Comment